Every day the team at IBT Press helps people from all over the world access news related to education, entertainment, sports, politics and much more. In the work that we do, we can see how important being able to provide valuable information to everyone.
Why is news so important today? How will news evolve in the future? How can news affect a common man’s life? Answering these questions in a well written and thought-out essay can win a deserving undergraduate student a $1,500 scholarship.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at the accredited US or CA college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply.
Required Application Details
- Please write a 1,000-word essay answering the following questions:
- Why is connectivity so important today?
- How will communication technology evolve in the future?
- What technology or types of communication do you use to connect with others?
- Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited university. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have currently applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time.
- Please submit the application by mailing it to us at email@example.com.
How to Apply
Please follow the form link to enter the below information:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- Your essay, please submit as .pdf or .doc
- Confirmation and acceptance of terms and conditions
All applications must be submitted by June 15, 2020.
A winner will be selected and notified via email by June 15, 2020.
Additional Scholarship Details
- The winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from the IBT Press.
- The scholarship is available on a yearly basis and is non-renewable.
- The scholarship funds provided by IBT Press will be sent via check to the college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
By submitting an application, we are granted permission to send applicants information regarding their application only, via their submitted email address.
No applicants will be contacted regarding anything other than their application.
The winner will be asked if they will grant IBT Press permission to post their name, school, photo (if submitted), and their essay on IBTPress.com or in other marketing communications relating to the scholarship program.
We will remove any information pertaining to applicants at their request.
All information (proof of enrollment, essays, and email) relating to applicants is destroyed as soon as a winner is announced.
Applicant emails will not be used for any marketing purposes.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to IBT Press Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by IBT Press.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, and the essay on the IBT Press website.
- Email information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email and announced publicly.
If you have any queries regarding this scholarship, do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org