Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Mains 2020 Registration Process will end on September 30. Candidates who haven’t filled the form for registration of the examination have to do so by visiting the JEE official website: jeemain.nic.in.
The Exam is scheduled to be held from January 6 and January 11. This exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) all over the country intended to test the eligibility cum screening for the admission of students to the undergraduate courses, in engineering and technical institutes and colleges which are centrally funded across India.
There is no need to panic if an aspirant fails to do the registration before the set deadline or take part in the exam in January due to some reason. The JEE exam is held two times a year. The exam is scheduled for a second time next year from April 3 to April 9. The application process for this examination will start by February.
There are some new rules to follow from now on which is brought in by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- The number of questions shortened to 25 from the former 30 for Maths, Physics and Chemistry exams. ( For Architecture Aspirants: the number of questions for Engineering Drawing has also been reduced.)
- From the 25 questions, 20 questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- For the Bachelor’s Planning Course, students who had studied maths are accepted from now on. Before, students who had Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics to study was able to appear.
- The drawing test is replaced with paper on planning (25 Multiple Choice Questions). Students aspiring for this stram is not needed to pass the drawing test while the architecture aspirants should.
- The questions in the Drawing test have also got reduced from 3 to 2.
- IIT exams will have exam center in San Fransisco for the first time.